Saturday, September 20, 2008

Tonight I was young again....

Moscow, Pullman and Lewiston Institutes threw a big party tonight. It was called 'Singles Fest', and it was nothing short of amazing. Well I wish I would have taken lots of pics but I didn't. Here is what happened. Plessy (my new best friend) and I pull up to the church building. We make our way to the back of the parking lot and realize that a talent show/kareoke sing along is in full effect. We get some food, burgers, cheeto's and slushes (they had a slush machine like 7-11 used to). The entertainment was awesome, some creative song writing and expression was in full effect. Later the dance started, and i got a bit critical with the DJ. He was playing Country, Sheryl Crow, and unedited rap (yikes). Somehow I managed to make it through 3/4 of the 'Boot Scootin Boogie Ultimate Extended Remix (only in ID)', at some point in my life I learned that line dance, and then here in Idaho I finally felt inclined to use it. But the best part was awaiting me. About 20 minutes of techno....I found the weird eccentric circle, the boys who you are sure are gay, are the funnest to dance with to Techno. It was awesome, i think my law school posse was a little confused to see me let loose with the dancing kids, but hey it is who I am. Then we went to watch a movie. I felt young because a) I was dancing with young kids, and was vibing off their love of life. B) I laughed alot and made old school jokes, like I used to, it was fun. C) I flirted with reckless abandon with the Elders Quarum President (ok, i guess i have never done that before).

**I know on my last post I got a comment about forgetting about boys, and just focus on school. I suppose I opened myself up to it, if I sounded a little discouraged, those are simply the growing pains as I get used to my new life in MOSCOW, not the mecca of Mesa that I am used to). Of course I am focusing on school . The blog is what I do to express funny things that happen or the little things that are on my mind, when I don't have to think about school. I am studying the law more than I ever thought I could. For all my people out there, don't worry, I really do want a law degree, and am loving learning so much. If I wanted to only meet men(which I admit I do focus on, and maybe shoudn't so much, i get it), I would have stayed in Alaska, they are oh so plentiful there.

7 comments:

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

I'm so happy you had so much fun last night. That's great news.
I'm glad you felt young. I feel really old up here all the time.
So maybe I should've come last night!!
CAN YOU IMAGINE.
Anyway can't wait to see you today.
You can do both, submerge yourself in your studies while still checking boys out.
YOU DON'T WANNA BE A COMPLETE NERD.

Debbie said...

Sounds like it was a blast. And hey, who says that you can't have both boys and school!! It's not one or the other. Just enjoy it all Jod!

Sommer said...

Good job Jodster... way to show them moves they've never seen before!
ps Happy Birthday to you!

Team Caldwell said...

I left you a comment on the bittersweet! I was a little nervous when I saw the title!

Marci Hernandez said...

Sounds like you are loving law school and the boy scene in ID. Where is Moscow by the way?

Aimee's Family Journal said...

I am so happy every time I read about you! I love your stories, and the things you think about. It is so nice to live my life through you. Please keep this blog things up!!

Love, Aimee

Stats