Friday, September 4, 2009

Not a winner.

When i was in highschool/jr. high. I ran for and won every election. Well that is discounting when I ran for something I think was called "Fine Arts Commissioner" and lost. But I could still run for Jr. Class President, a few weeks later and did so, and won. I was Student Body Vice-President at Kino Jr. High, Sophomore Vice President, Jr. Clss President, and my senior year I was Athletics Commissioner (which meant i was on the mike for all the assemblies).

When I was at Ricks College, MCC, ASU, Ottawa and I guess i will throw in Rio Salado(although I doubt that the online campus has student government, but it's possible)I didn't want to be in Student Government, i was burnt out and just wanted to hang out with my friends and dress in cute thrift store clothes.

In Law School I got my second wind to be involved in student government. However the luck/popularity I experienced in Highschool has not transferred over to Law School. In other words I keep losing. I lost to be the president of the J. Reuben Clark Law Society (the Mormon Law Club). I lost today to be the representative for the 2L Class (really thought i had this one). I guess I am just a loser now. Thats alright, Highschool is where it really counted anyways right? At least my self esteem isn't really tied to these losses, or is it just a little... who knows. At least I don't have the inflated ego I had in High School where i thought the school "needed me and only me" to get the job done. I know the law school will be run just fine without me, and i think that is what really matters.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We still need a secretary for the JRCLS (aka the Mormon Club)... I will do campaigning for you. :)

Melissa said...

Hmmmmmmmm Well you'd get my vote.

Jaime S. said...

it sounds like you were really responsible in HS. good job. i never wanted all those jobs. i wanted to be lazy in HS. i can't even remember who our class pres was. dang it

Marie Nelson said...

You're always a big winner in my book!!!

Nancy Pitney said...

Student council was the bomb, wasn't it. Yeah, well I gave up trying after losing 3 times, so maybe you should give it one more shot!

Rita said...

I ran for sixth grade vp and lost and never tried anything like that again. Atleast you keep on trying. I thought you were the coolest Jodi and still do whether you win at student govt or not.

arianne said...

I'd vote for you, Jodi. I think I ran for a couple things in jr. high and high school but never won. Life is still alright so don't feel too bad.

Stats