Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I suppose....

I suppose it's Ok to tell my blog readers what is really going on with me. Maybe just a little bit of truth will do my blog and my heart good.

I am nursing a bruised heart, not broken but definitely wounded. I found a love and lost him. He was a good man. And I miss him more than I expected to.

I am worried about my dad who has Lymphoma. I am worried about my mom and for the feelings she must be dealing with, for the fears that must be filling her mind, but I am also hopeful. My parents are strong both physically and mentally, but also spiritually and they will be fine.

I am apprehensive about turning 32 in a few weeks. Not the age, but that it seems after all this time, and all the relationships I have been in, I am further away from finding a man to share my life with, then I have ever been (at least the way I see it).

I am overwhelmed with school...the first few weeks I was utterly useless, and now that I have sort of snapped out of my depression/haze/numbness, I am not sure if I can accomplish all that I need to, including resume, cover letters and a writing sample posted so I can interview for jobs, the reading assignments that i skimmed or didn't do, that need to be caught up with, a huge research paper I need to complete.

I am unsure what the future holds in a way I have never been before. My world and the way I see it, has changed dramatically.

12 comments:

Melissa said...

Good luck with school. I hope things get better Jodz.
I hope this weekend is great.
We're having book club tonight if you wanna come.
Love you

Jamie said...

You'll do great Jodi! I don't doubt that. Change is a part of life that I can't ever seem to get use too. Your dad and mom will both pull through this. I know they will. They are strong just like you said, and you are too! Just so you know their are a group of people in Utah who love you all very much.

Rita said...

A gigantic group in AZ love you too. You will be fine Jodi. You can do anything, you are amazing!

Sommer said...

Hang in there Jodi-Pop! Your picture up top looks beautiful.. lovin the hair!

Jaime S. said...

i'm sorry about your dad. i was just talking to my dad last weekend and he is very impressed that you are hanging tight in law school. i was telling him how i love your family dynamics and hope brad and i can do some of the things with our family that your parents have done with you guys.

Dyan said...

We love you.

Diane... said...

Jodi...deal with whatever comes and deal with it well, it's in your blood! age, bruises, wounds, vision is relative! Change comes and better things are in the coming YOU KNOW IT"S TRUE you've seen it happen over and over again!!! HANG TIGHT AND BE TOUGH Jodi, that's who you are!! YOU ARE LOVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

arizonamama said...

Oh Jodi. What could I say that hasn't already been said? Man, you are loved...

Tsanders said...

Jodi, you can do it!! I love your mom's comment, she has the best quotes. There is a pretty cool family in Gilbert who love you and are rooting for you too.

Marie Nelson said...

Jodi, You are strong! You are a Van Epps and a Goodman and you can overcome anything!!!! And ..... you are so loved!!!

Starr Phippen said...

Well, I don't love you. Hee Hee! Man, I wish I had so many people giving me props. It'll ba all good. In the words of Sir Mix a Lot, "Got nuttin but love for ya baby".

momtosix said...

You are one of the most classy, unique and interesting women I have ever known....what an amazing journey you are taking, (as usual, I follow it with great interest). I know that you will come out on top, dancing!
Yes, I love you tons!

Stats