Saturday, December 20, 2008

Not the last christmas I will spend alone.

Every Holiday or meaningful event I used to try and enjoy because "this might be the last time I have a _______(insert holiday) as a single", Blar. Those people who i grew up with aka experienced the wonders of being a twenty something in AZ know exactly what i am talking about. I remember new years with the girls, and we would say, "we gotta get out there and make it happen because this is probably the last time we will be single, so we gotta be crazy and kiss all the boys".


Long Pause.

Everyone I used to know, party with, whatever... they all had their last Halloween, Thanksgiving, New Years, Christmas, Easters, Spring Break, Ski Trip, Road trips and Summer of loves 200_'s, and you know, they all got to enjoy their last Halloween with that urgency, or drive in their heart that this might be their last, so they had to live it up. Now flash foreward to this cold night in Idaho...I realized, I stopped saying, "this might be my last....", hell i have even stopped thinking it. And right now, I just wish I still had the optimism to say, or at least think, "this is probably my last
Christmas/New Years not married, so I better live it up...."

It was probably a silly thing to say, but what i loved about it, is that it made us or at least me try to live it up, just a little more. To put it all on the line, don't hold back, live every moment, Be a little funnier, crazier, feel a littel sexier, flirt a little more, what have you. I miss that urgency of anything can happen. I guess I still gotta remind myself, anything can still happen. So this year, i better live it up...because you never know, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!!!

1 comment:

JB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Stats