Sunday, December 21, 2008

LET's GET RETARDED

So i don't know if the word has made it to your corner of the world, but i am the hottest DJ in moscow idaho. I had the elementary school dance (proof 1) and then I had the Adults with special needs of Colefax County's Holiday Party. I took time out of my law school study for finals schedule, to DJ this night of fun. It went OK, but accidently ( i promise, promise) the song that I played for the first song was Black Eyed Peas, 'Let's Get Retarded', (what was i thinking) Out of all the songs in my CD book, and on my computer, this my friends was what my sub conscious chose to play, ( i didn't make the connection) Shoot. Pleasy didn't have the heart to tell me. It wasn't through about an hour and a half, that it came to me. I said, "did I play, 'Let's get Retarded' for the first song?" She nodded her head with a bit of a sheepish look... Only in Idaho.

On a side note, the Adults of Colefax, at least the ones with special needs could boogie up a storm. It was a great night, and they loved to dance to Grease Lightning, the Metro's Shake IT, and a little 'Who let the Dogs Out'. Loved the Jams.

2 comments:

Seth said...

zomg. Jodi. Hahaha! You almost made me pee my pants.

Thats the single funniest thing I have read all day. (Its 3am, there is still more time, but I think you will win!)

How deliciously insensitive. lol.

Maaike said...

Hi Jodi! I found your blog! BTW that is an HILARIOUS story!! You'll live in history in Colefax for sure!

Stats