Thursday, October 16, 2008

UPDATE!!!!!!!

Super failed the "How to Read Rivers and Whitewater" Final. Shoot. It's not that the class was hard, i just was a dummy for signing up for something when I have no time. Oh well. 

Had a date, he took me to an orchestra concert and to the Pita Pit. I still got it. Got what you ask? The ability to only want what I can't have. Still got that. The ability to find things I don't like about someone before I even know them. Yeah still got that. The ability to wish I would have married Steve or Reggie or Daren or Johny or any of the "ones that got away." Always and forever I will have that. Yet on these dates I wish I could focus on the task at hand. It seemed like all through the Orchestra concert I would be thinking, "I wish I was studying right now, or I will never get married anyways...or why am i sitting here listening to orchestra music, that I HATE? 

The funny thing is I had wanted this person to ask me out. Had gotten a pit of jealousy in my stomach as he chatted with other women. Had looked in his eyes and thought, "yeah those are beautiful", had wanted his attention. Then... just like always. I didn't want it anymore. I mean it is OK for me to change my mind. Yet I suppose, I need to be grateful I do have dates once in awhile. I guess I need to be more gracious. 

4 comments:

Melissa said...

What a web of confusion.
So did you have a good time?

Jenny said...

It could have been worse than listening to Orchestra music that you hate...he could have taken you to listen to his siblings amateur Opera performance. Yikes!

I always used the three date rule. I went out three times with anyone who asked. After the third date I could say I'd never go out with them again, but at least it made me get to know them a bit better.

Team Caldwell said...

I am sorry Steve slipped away! He would have been a great cousin-in-law! Oh well, you will find another steve- promise!

Jaime S. said...

i will forever wonder why Reggie is on that list ; )

Stats