Thursday, October 1, 2009

Just like my mom.



I always wanted to be just like my mom. I don't think she knows this because I think when i was a teenager, we fought a tremendous amount. But even when we fought I still thought she was pretty great. This is what makes my mom the best and sort of similar to me.

1. Mom got to live in foreign countries and make out with foreign men (JK about the foreign men)
Me- I went on my mission to El Salvador, and went to Europe with Jeff my bus driver mate, and I kissed a boy who was half Vietnemese once.
2. Mom was a school teacher for 8 years until I was born.
Me- I drove a school bus for 4 years and taught school for 3 years (thats almost 8 years) plus I substituted at Taft Elementary, which is the school my mom taught at her last year of teaching and when I was in her womb.
3. Mom followed her heart and married a red headed, farmer who was 4 years her junior.
Me- I only like to date men that are at least 3 years yonger than me. Just like Mom I like to rob that cradle (although 32-3=29, not too close to the cradle).
4. Mom watched her 3 sisters, including three younger than her get married and have kids before she did.
Me- I have watched 2 of my younger siblings get married and have babies, and there 2 of my 3 brothers could be getting married any day now.
5. Mom says she has never gotten in an car accident or has ever gotten a speeding ticket.
Me- I have both gotten in an accident and gotten a speeding ticket, but I drive like an old lady now that i live in a small town, just like my mom.
6. Mom likes to shop at Ross and TJ Max and is constantly looking for bargains.
Me- I love, love, love a good bargain. But sometimes too much. I remember one time I bought over 50 pairs of tights from Last Chance because they were on sale for 10 cents each. Those purple, orange, and other strange colored tights lasted for years.
7. Mom loves being a grandma more than anything. Well almost as much as being a mom.
Me- I love being an aunt more than anything. Well almost as much as I will love being a mom (someday).
8. My mom was a looker...she is still very beautiful, but man as a young woman she was a knock out.
Me- it's obvious the connection.

I love my mom, she is a kind hearted, good natured, forgiving and hard working lady who laughs alot. She is the best!!! I hope I can continue to become more like my mom.

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Great post Jodz.
Loved it.

Nancy Pitney said...

That is a good post. The good humored Jodi is back! Great tribute to your mom and it isn't even mother's day!

Rita said...

Such an obvious connection! Love you both.

Kelli Brown said...

Love this, Jodi. What a fun tribute to your terrific mama. I am blessed to live so close and be her niece!

Diane... said...

I LOVE YOU JODI!!! YOU ARE AN AMAZING GIRL AND I WOULD LOVE TO BE MORE LIKE YOU IN SO SOOOoo o o . . . MANY WAYS!!! but a correction...your dad is just 3 years younger than me :)

Mandy said...

Yep, you two are lots alike. Aren't you both so blessed?! But, Jodi....don't be joking about those foreign men! Right, Diane??? See you in a couple of day, Jodi.

Tsanders said...

How is Mandy seeing you in a couple of days, that must have been my mom typing that. What a fabulous post and tribute to your fabulous mom. You both crack me up...yes you are like your mother. It is a good thing!

arizonamama said...

Loved this post. And the connection about good looks is blatantly obvious. You do look hot in that Dave Matthews photo at top of your blog. Seriously, you're cute. I love your good humor. Lynn says you're a funny girl. I agree.

janee said...

i love your mom too!

Stats