Saturday, October 24, 2009

Keeping my Promises.

Well, i think it was on Facebook that i promised to do the invites to the newly prvatized blog. And because i am a promise-keeping woman, i decided I'd better do it. So here was the process. I went back through a few of my old email accounts and found people who i had (almost) forgotten about, and decided they needed an invite to my blog too. Now unlike facebook, where you can have as many, "friends" as you want (currently i am an "oh-so popular lady" with 730 friends, the People of Blogger just let you add 100. So you my readers are the top 100 people who i know (or have email addresses for). My blog has been a bit lacking since i am a 2nd year law student (for those i invited who have no idea what i am up to) and it is known as the hardest semester of an already grueling 3 years of studies. Oh K, onto the blogging...

Since i titled this "keeping my promises" here are some promises i will keep.

1. I will blog at least 3, not more then 7 posts every week, so if you check up every couple days/weeks there should be some new material.

2. I promise to not just talk about being single, trying to lose weight, or rawesomeness (those have typically been the hot topics around here) but i promise not to throw them out 100 percent.

3. I promise to be a little more "colorful" with my posts. Those of you who were here when i originally started blogging, might recall I used to rock it. And i promise to bring a little bit of that back.

4. I promise to never lie about anything.

5. I promise to not let blogging get in the way of my ever interesting social life/law school career, so sadly blogging will take a back seat(although a close back seat to those 2, hey i gotta prioritize).


Thanks for your patience waiting for the invites...it really was a "hell week" with me at the lawschool, crunched over my desk, listening to instrumental music on pandora, for 12-14 hour blocks. I finally got the appellate briefs in, and on Tuesday start the Oral Arguments. This is for a 2 credit, competition. Hopefully I pass. It's pass/fail.

Since going private is a new chapter. I thought i would repost my first blog post, which was on MYSPACE.


Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Signs.....
Current mood: contemplative
Today my fish died. It was the first time i have ever owned my own pet and it died. I had just filled the bowl up with water and i think i put too much in. Anyways, i found Rusty (my rust covered beta fish,) on the floor of my kitchen. I have no idea how long he had been there; but about a half hour later i heard some flopping around. It seems that Rusty still was twitching about. It freaked me out so i texted everyone i know and no one would come to my resque. My mom said to get a cardboard piece and sort of shimmy the fish on to that. I tried it 1 hour later, and yet again rusty moved. It was tramatic. Anyways, what makes this event so important to me (besides the fact that i killed the only animal i've ever been in charge of) is that my mom gave my boyfriend and I these beta fish. They were the center piece at my brothers luncheon. Well we broke up like 2 weeks ago. These fish were our last connection, in a way i thought, "hey at least we are fish owners together". Now being the ever, "hey what is the meaning of this...." mormon girl, i had to find symbolism or something in this fish death. And I think i was like Rusty sort of. Still flopping about trying to gasp for one more bit of life out of the relationship. Even though i was the one who chose to jump out of the bowl.Well. I went to swim at my best pals house and then went to the YMCA. Hoping that when i got back to my house Rusty would stop the flopping. And be completely dead. I guess this is a sign, to stop fighting the inevitable and give into the fact that hey jumping out of the bowl has consequences. Now i gotta go get Rusty off the floor. I sort of hope one of my roomates didn't stomp on him. That sort of sucks of me, leaving him there.




Note: If you ever want to find the blog, just google thebornagainbarbie or jodiane goodman, it should come up under both. And comment if i am especially creative. Thanks.

9 comments:

the Pearce Place said...

THANKS FOR THE INVITE! I've Been waiting! Mikaela killed her own caterpillar once, it was totally extremely tramatic both for her and me (I was just a little disgusted).

Marie Nelson said...

Thanks for the invite - I feel so special to be one of the 100! I laughed and cried while reading the "Rusty experience" - what great symbolism! You are one creative girl!

Rita said...

Finally you invited me!!! I seriously laughed out loud reading about Rusty the beta fish for lots of reasons. Anyways way to keep your promises.

Diane... said...

glad your back, glad your private and glad you're you!!!

Melissa said...

What the crap.
How come you didn't pick him up and put him back in the bowl?
Why did you let him die?

Jaime S. said...

i like to think that i'm in the top 100, and that you had to search for my email to make it happen

arizonamama said...

Glad I got an invite. I tried to check out your blog this past week and was told I wasn't invited to view your privateness and thought, "Now, what did I do to make Jodi mad?" Then I decided you were far too mature for that sillyness and thought of calling to get just a little of the Jodiness I was craving at the moment. But I didn't. I decided to pack our house instead since we are moving Wednesday. So, glad you invited me instead... Oh, and love the fish blog. PETA might not but I do.

Quincy said...

Jodi I have to say I am quite honored that you put me in your top 100. I like to read your blog. Bryan thinks blogs are stupid and he has threatened to leave me if I ever start one, but, I like reading other people's blogs...especially your entertaining one!

theroyalscribe said...

LOVE. YOUR. BLOG. You know you rock it, Jodi, freals.

Stats