Friday, October 30, 2009

Disappointment.

So I was involved in a competition with 24 of my classmates. It was a brief writing competition and then we did something called oral arguments. Basically we discuss our side with 3 judges and then the opponent discusses their side. And we get scored by the judges. Anyways, 16 of the 24 move on. So that means I just had to be a better arguer than 1/3 of the participants...

I wasn't better than 1/3.

The thing is I really don't care about the competition. I mean it's always great to be better than other people, but I suppose arguing articulately is just something i am not used to, and something I need to work on. But my pride is a little hurt, I just think of human nature and all. When i hear someone else does good or doesn't make some team, i spend maybe 3 seconds thinking about it. So I know, nobody really cares or gives it a second thought that i didn't make it to the top 16. I am just happy it's over, now i can focus on the other aspects of school, that have been suffering.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Sorry Jodz. Robby was looking it up last night and the first thing I asked was "Did Jodz make it?"
Sorry girl.
I enjoy listening to you talk maybe if I was a judge, that'll have more weight behind it.

Diane... said...

I CARE!...and have spent alot of time thinking about it but I'M GLAD THAT YOU HAVE MOVED ONTO OTHER PRESSING THINGS!!! I STILL THINK YOU ARE IN THE TOP (more than) 1/3 as arguing goes...(I don't really think that is a compliment :) but I am pretty nieve(sp?) with law stuff you know!! GLAD YOU'RE DEALING WELL !

Stats