Saturday, June 20, 2009

Ode to a Goodman





Happy Fathers Day Dad. I love my dad alot. Did you know that when i didn't get asked to one of the "important" school dances, my dad went on a 30 mile (thats how far i remember it) run with me along the canal. The night turned out awesome because i was out busy, training, and doing "family bonding" with my dad. He has run with me, juiced up veggies for me, given me advice, listened to me vent, called me out, given me a job, taught me how to make dilly bars and ice cream sandwiches, how to milk a cow, ride a horse, mow a yard, juice carrots and grass. Additionally, he has taught me about risk taking by being a good business man. He has taught me about loyalty and being quiet when nothing needs to be said. He has taught me to be honest and to love the Lord. I love my Dad. Thanks Dad.

5 comments:

Diane... said...

ode to an old goodman....loved the post Jodi!! I love him too !!!(I'm using one of your photos in mine....thanks!)

Melissa said...

Nothing like a great dad.

Rita said...

I feel the same way, man we have a great dad! See ya soon!

Rita said...

Oh by the way you did not miss my birthday it is in 3 days!

Debbie said...

He is a good dad and I might add, a great bishop!!

Stats