Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Thrift Store Finds.


I used to have the best clothes. I promise, they were amazing. I spent years perfecting my collection. I had sweaters from the 1950's. I sported long skirts that i swore Native American Woman had embroidered themselves. My collection included about 10 vintage cowboy button ups, awesome 1960's flowing, hippie like dresses and about 100 other pieces of awesomeness. Over the years the collection grew slowly, but i wasn't afraid to throw a few things out.

Then I was moving to Reno, and my dad said i couldn't store anything at his home anymore, and my love interest at the time HATED my wardrobe. So I gave it all away, all of it. Only "normal" clothes for me. The reason i bring this up again, is that I miss those clothes. I think about them often with fondness. I hope they have all found, new good homes...with Stylie women who appreciate the awesomeness of every piece.

However, today I returned to a vintage thrift store. Well it had about 6 rows of vintage thrift clothes. As I was sorting through the inventory....memories of my stylie finds came back to me. Nothing I found in the vintage section could hold a candle to all I once I possessed. I am not sure if the clothes were just a weak selection, or if my taste has evolved over the last few years...but nothing was looking that great to me (at all).

However all was not lost. I ventured to the regular section of clothes. And found 3 pairs of jeans that were awesome (aka long enough for my long legs). I also bought 2 pairs of jeans at Last Chance this morning. That means 5 pairs of jeans for 36 dollars (not for 1 pair, but for all 5). And they all look great, and they are all long, and I gotta confess I have been wearing the same pair of jeans about 3x a week, and i recently discovered some wearing out in the crotch of those jeans, so it was time to make some new purchases.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Can't wait to see them all.

Jaime S. said...

ha ha. i just bought 3 pairs of jeans. i wore my favorite pair 7 days in a row and brad asked me when i was going to wash them. so i gave them 1 day break for washing. before that i had 1 pair of jeans and was so sad to let them go the day the butt pockets had holes. someone else noticed...not me. i wonder how long the holes had been there.

Stats