Thursday, August 13, 2009

Alaska v. Arizona

I went to lunch yesterday with a friend of mine. We met because we were co-workers for Princess in Alaska. Her husband is in the military and they are now going to be in Arizona for the next few years. After over 3 years in Alaska she is definitely having a hard time adjusting. Besides the bonus of losing her "Alaska Weight" she has noticed some things she doesn't seem to love about being here. The heat, the materialism of people and just how dang spread out everything is. But she did admit there were lots of things she didn't appreciate about Alaska until they had been there for awhile.

So I decided to weigh in my Arizona vs. my Idaho.

Everyone drives fast here, really fast. All the girls are really skinny here. Really skinny. There are lots of shops, so many that i find myself wanting to go shopping. Ok thats not really true, all i want to do is go to Last Chance. And it's Hot here, really, really Hot. Also when i took the MPRE last week, which is an exam every law student has to pass. The Arizona Law kids seemed alot more arrogant than the Idaho law kids. But that could just be because i know the Idaho Law Kids. Also there are so many good restaurants here, that i find myself eating out more than usual.

But Arizona has all the people I love the most. All the friends I have known for along time and have a great time with. All of my family is here.

The point is, I love both my homes, my AZ home and my Idaho home.

1 comment:

Diane... said...

AZIZONA/ALASKA/IDAHO....
jodi....you're just hppy where ever you are!!

Stats