Monday, July 27, 2009

Home to AZ.

I have been here in AZ since Wednesday night. I love being home. The first few days were hillarious. I ate Costa Vida, Crazy Sub, Rosas, Pei Wei, and Hachi Baba's. Coming back to AZ is sort of like coming off the trail (while working for Anasazi, an outdoor wilderness youth rehab type place) and being so hungry from eating only trail food that you have a list of all the things you will eat when you get home (those who have done Anasazi get this analogy perfectly). So because AZ has different foods then Moscow, I always miss the goodness here. Plus eating out is super social and it's always good to be social right.

Another thing I have done in the tradition of AZ is hit up Last Chance. This time though was there once a year Christmas in July. LC was as crowded as a Michael Jackson concert. You couldn't really move, there were not enough carts so I was carrying around like 10 jackets because they were 1/2 off (and I keep remembering the cold). After my arms got so tired that I was about ready to throw the coats on the ground and walk away. I used my finely tuned problem solving skills and found a Ralf Lauren Suit Cast that looked badly damaged...I decided it would make a great storage unit. No one was going to buy it, and it could house all my half price coats, so I could search through the half-price sweaters. So I forced all my coats into the suitcase, zipped it up and left it where it was.

Pretty soon I had found 8 sweaters I liked. So I returned to the suitcase, found a bigger suitcase (it was orange) and transferred the coats and placed the sweaters in the new case. All the while trying to be polite, but in my heart was mad that so many people were out and about and the Last Chance. Don't they know I live in Idaho I need the half-price coats and sweaters.

I ended up running into the people I had gone shopping with Amy and Lisa by the suit coats. And I hear Lisa say to Amy, "i told you she was pulling around a suit case or something". Amy asked why i was pulling a big orange suit case around, and i opened up the case and she saw how many coats i had. She said, "No". The line wrapped around half the store so we had a good 20 minutes for me to take out each item one by one, try it on, and have Amy and Lisa say yay or nay. It turns out, I was carrying around most the coats and sweaters around for nothing, because I widdeled down my pile to 1 nice navy coat. 2 sweaters, a hoodie, a red coat, a very nice black suit coat, and a pair of running shoes that i love. All for 75 dollars. It was a good day, and thanks to Amy's wise insight...I didn't break the bank.

8 comments:

Diane... said...

WELCOME HOME JODI!

Nancy Pitney said...

I'm sure I'd do the same thing if I lived away from home and came back! Welcome home--enjoy the 110 degrees today!

Team Caldwell said...

oh that amy! wish i went o lc not witht hat crowd though. i would have left your butts and wandered the empty mervyns!!!

Rita said...

That Last Chancers excursion all sounds about right. I can picture it all and it makes me laugh. No going out to eat tonight we are making Tacos and I will make sure to have lots of lettuce for you so you sort of feel healthy. Who do you think Jillian will choose tonight Kypton, Ed maybe Reed? We shall see...

Dru said...

I didn't know you worked for Anasazi, I have mates that worked for Anasazi. That's cool.

David G. Filhart (a.k.a. the Davey Baby) said...

LOL! Dude, me and Becky are totally going to hit those same places up when we come home! WE can't wait! No place like home!

Sommer said...

Sounds fun... I could go for a Poorboy from Krazy Sub about now!
I miss my family, good thing older sister is flying up tonight!

Sarah S. said...

We must have just missed you. My sister and I went the day before the big sale. She went back for the big sale the next day. That place is so crazy I love it. I've tried on pants inbetween racks one time. My husband was appaled but seriously you have to have been to Last Chance to know that it is normal to do that. I can only rolling around your big suitcase. That made me laugh. Have a great day!

Stats