Saturday, August 28, 2010

Park City Marathon.



418 143 Jodiane GOODMAN MESA AZ Full F 30-34 0 06:03:34.1

I used to say Marathons only counted if they were fast. Or at least in the inverse of this logic, if you are slow then the marathon isn't a big deal. Well I was slow. It hurt. It was so hard. I made a friend named Eli (short for Elizabeth). It took me a full 6 days to recover. And I can't wait to do it next year in at least 2 hours faster. So hows this for honesty. 6 hours, 3 minutes and 34.1 seconds. And I only walked probably 4 miles. The problem was elevation coupled with steep inclines coupled with not training enough.

Thanks Willy and Dad for running so much faster than me. Thanks especially to Willy for being the instigator of this marathon maddness. Thanks to Dad for always being my inspiration of raddness, rawsomeness, training and working hard and actually enjoying the process. I loved training with you and getting inspired my our hopes and dreams. Mom you are a great support/documentor of everything that goes down. You sure our patient with the mood swings, the outbursts and hours of food talk. I love you all fellow road travelers.

8 comments:

Diane... said...

you forgot "coupled with the 15 hour bike hike the day before at that altitude... ."
How's that for documentation?!
I LOVE YOU JOD!!!!

Karrie said...

Wow! I'm impressed, truly. Way to go, I'm proud of you. I don't have that marathon itch yet, will it ever come? It was so good seeing you when you were down, good luck this semester. Love ya.

Sommer said...

Way to go Jodi- Pop... you are AWESOME!

Diane... said...

so glad you are posting again on your "The Greenest Goddess" blog...it is very motivational although I don't think I will be making your dad that latest green shake you did today!!!!

Unknown said...

WOOT WOOT! Go jodi. Who cares how fast you were... you ran 26.2 miles!

TWENTY SIX point stinkin TWO!!!

Rita said...

It counts. Good job. Miss you.

Jaime S. said...

i may be on fb now but a good blog is so much more fun to read.

Kelli Brown said...

Glad you ran it, Jodi. How many is this for you? I ran this summer in PC too (but just regular running days, no racing), and the altitude was a killer. I was huffing and puffing after 1 mile. Nothing like running in Mesa that's for dang sure.

Thanks for blogging and keeping me smiling. I love your posts!

Stats