Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I can't stop...

So Amy and I went to see Step Up 3 (not 3d in our case, we didn't want to spend the extra 2 bucks). And I gotta say the plot was weak, the chemistry between the main couple was way lacking but Man Alive, the dancing was rad. This is the main theme song of the movie, and I have to confess, I have listened to it at least 50 times, in the last 24 hours. I am not joking I love the song, and I love the dancing.

When we were leaving the theater Amy asks me, "so do you think we are too old/it's too late to make our dreams (of becoming rad dancers) come true". I was thinking the exact same thing...then we had a conversation about how one could become a better dancer. We decided maybe a class, and I added in, "get dance movies from Netflicks and then practice a ton".

So today at about 11 Amy called to invite me to go to lunch with some friends of ours. The first thing she asked is what are you doing. I was watching Step Up 2 and had just put my name on the waitlist for a one-credit Hip-hop dance class at University of Idaho. She laughed.

So what do you guys think, how old is too old to make my dancing dreams come true?

4 comments:

Nancy Pitney said...

I don't know if you're too old--but I think it's awesome! My favorite show in the summer is So You Think You Can Dance. I wanted to learn the dance that they choreographed for "National Dance Day", but I have to admit, I didn't do it because I had no one to do it with. We should have learned it together. Then, at the next high school reunion, we could rock it out! :-) Good luck!

Melissa said...

I love taking hip hop at the gym.
I love dance, love the music, love how it feels.
Go for it.

Jaime S. said...

not to old!!!

Mads & Family said...

My answer may be different for someone else, but for you Jodi: i don't think YOU are too old to do anything!

Stats