Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Jenifer (the only one who truly understands me, or close to it)





Tonight i was talking to Jen and we laugh at our situations. Here we are both going back to school, but the similarities don't end there.

1. Jen and I ran CC and Track in HighSchool.

2. We were in the MTC at the same time.

3. Our Moms lived in the same city and attended the same Branch in Iran when there dads were college professors over there. Jen's mom was in college. My mom was in highschool

4. We have both made out with Ken CHECKETTS (yeah K.C you are back on the blog...side note, when Ken was persistently persuing my other best friend Amy, i posted his name on our 'Not private' blog site, stating that it would be so awesome for my best friend Amy and i to kiss the same dude.... he googled his name and said we had to remove it... he told amy that my posting his name on the blog bordered on defamation, well Ken Checketts I am in Law School and i learned about defamation and you would not have a case).

5. We lived in the same blue condos by ASU.

6. We both taught for Higley, well Jen is a counselor at Gateway Elementary and I was an English Teacher at Gateway.

7. We are both going back to school. Jen to be a nurse, and me obviously to become a district attorney (i think Gateway Elementary is the gateway to our leaving the education system and living our other dreams). I think the similarity is that we both want more from this life, and are not standing still.

8. We were in both in 3rd ward together and loved it. Jen was in University 7th until she got kicked out for being too old. I left to Moscow, where you can never get kicked out for being too old...but i lived vicariously thorugh Jen's pain of being kicked out.

9. We have both have made out with a lot of men (i am not sure who wins as far as numbers, but does it really matter at 32, everyone knows you've been around awhile).....and both didn't get our first kisses until Ricks College. Oh yeah, we both went to Ricks after H.S.

10. We both don't have long term relationships....but realize those are the key. Mine was 6 months with Reggie (Bless his soul, he didn't die, i just hold a special place in my heart for him loving me all those long months, those extra 2 months that other men have not been able to endure...) and Jen's is with her current on again/off again man right now.

11. We both bought condos during the peak of the market. Her's has retained it's value because the condo was new when she bought it. My condo was like 31 years old when i bought it. So not so much value is retained.

12. We both love to talk about how it really is a miracle that we are still on the singles scene. Nobody is as great at pondering the improbability of the two classiest ladies Mesa has ever seen...settleing into their mid -30's alone.

As everyone else has taken the plunge and left me out here to endure the singles alone...Jen is my go to girl who knows how I feel, who refuses to give up, and makes me remember when.... and how great life is now. I love her like a sister and am grateful that she's her.

6 comments:

Jaime S. said...

i love jen too. i miss you both. i'd love a girls nite and i'll pretend i'm single. it wasn't that long ago. above i like the picture of your parents. i enjoy them.

Diane... said...

You really do have alot in common but my favorite is that you are AMAZINGLY CLASSY SINGLE LADIES WHO TWO LUCKY GUYS WILL FIND SOME DAY (but there is still plenty of time for that)!!! I love you Jodi and I love that Jen...we too have a history (Selena)!

Marcia said...

It's good you have someone like that to help you in your moments, that we all have. You can honestly say that you have someone that understands how it feels, but most of my good friends don't, though I give them an A for trying. You're amazing though! Keep on keeping on!

Nancy Pitney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancy Pitney said...

(I removed my original comment because I realized I had a typo and didn't know how to change it!) I had no idea you two were so similar! Good for you both for going after your dreams! I know what it's like to have a friend who truly understands what you are going through. No one else can, except for the person who's been there too!

Unknown said...

AMEN!
PS...I'm glad you put Ken in his place.

Stats