Thursday, September 27, 2007

Twenty-Ten. Oh who am I fooling....I just turned 30.






It happend. Even though I never thought it would. I mean I never really thought I would be thirty. Thirty is something that happend to other woman, woman with kids and husbands or super hot sex lives. Thirty couldn't happen to me. I still go to the inter-stake center for Thanksgiving Night Singles Party. I still ignore my crush at Thursday night Institute, just like I used to at Kino Jr. High. I still run on the same track that I did in Highschool. I am still trying to loose those 15 pounds. However now I do "thirty year old lady things" I spend great sums of my teacher monies on eye syrum to hopefully slow down th signs of aging and I pay my condo mortgage and hoa (i didn't even know what an hoa was at 20). And I say teacher things(nothing screams I left my twenties), like, "you guys need to be preparing for High School, Highschool teachers won't let you get away with late work". Also, I act shocked if one off colored thing is said in my classroom. So Thirty happend, and it didn't kill me.

Actually it was an awesome day. The kids decorated my room with balloons, streamers, and banners. They also brought cake, ice cream, soda and a huge homeade card for me. Yet, during our birthday party. Some of the 14 year old boys, would take the balloons and stick them down their shirt( like boobs). I obviously had to deter this behavior, I after all, am thirty. I can't allow fake balloon boobs at my birthday party. All the girls wanted to know if I was going to the club. I said, "no, they dance all dirty in the club", they responded, that was the fun of it. Maybe I am too mature to think dancing dirty in the club is fun, (maybe just too mormon) In the evening I went to Joe's Barbeque. Amy had bought me a head band that was very obnoxious. It had th numbers '30' on it. I wore it all night. Maybe just another step in fighting my "Fear of Aging Demons". It was a great time.

I am definately grateful to all those who showed for a very intense night. I love my possee. We used to get all gussied up to go out, now they are getting baby sitters, bringing their eight year olds, with their cub scout shirts on, stressing about their lazer eye follow-up surgery, and saying at 10:15 they have not been out so late in over 2 years. By 10:30 the party was over. However, the air was a buzz as the boys talked about Halo3, the girls laughed just like we did at college. My gifts consisted of Peanut Butter M and M's, movie passes, and thirty one dollar bills. One my friends who I used to drive bus with, just lost her grown up job at a mortgage company. Now she wants to drive bus again, because it was more fun and she misses that. I know we are getting older, but sometimes it feels and I feel, 22 or 17. I don't know, my mom turns 60 in March. She says, "Jodi sometimes i feel 17". So I don't know what Thirty means. I don't know why I and so many twenty something woman dread it. It's not that scarry. Yet.

No comments:

Stats