Saturday, September 29, 2007

The RS RETREAT





We llike to party.... especially in the Lehi 4th RS. It was retreat time. I decided to drive myself because I hate being stuck with people for too long. Also, I brought the kayak incase it rained really hard and the creeks began to flow, or I found a lake and some kayaking men to help me practice my eskimo roll. Anyways, the highlights of the campout were the bishop's fireside, short and sweet, and finding out Matt and Courtney are engaged. All I gotta say is that girl is in for a good life. Matt is a fantastic man. It is a little interesting that they only dated for 6 weeks before she had the ring, but who am I to judge. My heart has made me do crazy things too. Another highlight was deciding to sleep outside, everyone else slept in the cabin, except Susan Miles. Bishop let us use this old dingy carpet from the back of his truck,, to be a pad or something. Anyways, I guess it rained 3 times during the night, I slept right through it all. I also slept though the girls talking to the bishop about dating, and how to get the ward guys interested (thank heavens I slept throught that) . I woke up with my sleeping bag and pillow soaked. There were some interesting characters who spiced up the whole retreat, including a mentally challenged girl who kept singing songs. Sometimes the songs had the original words, sometimes she free-styled. Nothing is better than a little "she'll be coming around the mountain, with new versus on a Saturday Night. I guess one step at a time, I am spending more and more time with the saints.

And you all thought I was inactive....shoot.

No comments:

Stats