Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Low Self Esteem at the Great Clips...

So I am now Coupon Girl, i think it all started when my mom was a bargain shopper and would by clearanced clearance items. Then I got a bit of my own money and realized that I was definitely following in my moms footsteps...I loved the bargain too. I actually chose my law school based on price. And here in Moscow it has culminated, as I use a coupon for almost everything. So when the seasonal student coupon book comes out, i am one happy girl. Besides restaurants, there are a few other deals, on oil changes, tans and hair cuts.

So here I am showing up at the Great Clips, coupon in hand. Right now my hair is basically the simplest style to cut. I have bangs, all one length, and the rest of it is one length blunt cut. Thats why I don't feel bad getting a 7 dollar haircut...it's not that hard. Plus i am gonna tip a good 5 dollars, and it takes them 10 min. so i feel like it is a win/win for all involved.

That is until I say, "I want about an inch off the bottom, however, if it needs a little bit more so be it" and she says, "yeah, an inch will help a little, but there is damage and breakage all through your hair...You are gonna need to start repairing your hair to take care of all this damage" Who says that????

You see, at Great Clips, the cutters make 8 dollars an hour i think, but they get a commission off the products they sell you. So what better way to make me want to buy "Biolage Hair Strengthening Syrum" then by telling me how damaged and dry and broken my hair is. Honestly is a 7 dollar haircut worth that kind of abuse. I am not so sure. Right now my hair is the healthiest it has been in years....and I don't care what cut of the proceeds hair cutter gets, Please don't tell me how crappy my hair is...Blar.

4 comments:

Jaime S. said...

i was once getting a pedicure once and one of the gals was telling another customer how bad her eye brows were and that she needed a wax. i felt so sorry for that customer.

Rita said...

I got a pedicure yesterday and the lady told me I cut my toe nails to short and that I need to grow them out and then they would be normal. I can't help they are like pistachios, I just have weird toe nail genes. I think your hair is fantastic.

Diane... said...

Sounds like Idaho Clippers aren't that Great...Arizona's are!!!

Kelli Brown said...

You crack me up, Jodi. I too, have a salon story. I was getting my nails done a couple of years ago at the salon by Bashas, and the gal looks up and starts studying my face intently. She then proceeds to tell me that I could really use a photo facial to get rid of all those wrinkles on my forehead. Nice. No tact whatsoever.

Stats